- Police Department
- Animal Control
Texas City Animal Control Officers are here to serve our community. Our division consists of highly trained and educated state-certified Animal Control Officers. Our officers are also state certified as Texas Cruelty Investigators and attend continued education courses throughout the year to keep up with the current laws and regulations. They are dedicated, compassionate, and experts in animal handling and behavior to provide the best animal control service possible.
Texas City Animal Control Officers respond to many calls for service daily, ranging from complaints to welfare checks (concerns).
Texas City Animal Control Officers are available Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. and will respond to calls for:
- Loose or stray animals
- Enforcement and education of city/state/federal laws and ordinances
- Stray injured animals (including wildlife)
- Welfare Checks/Cruelty Investigations (Both Livestock and Non-livestock)
- Humane trap pickups (domestic animals and wildlife)
- Animal Bites to humans
- Deceased stray animals
- Dangerous Dog Investigations and enforcement
To request assistance from one of our Texas City Animal Control Officers, please call the police dispatch line at (409) 643-5720.
How our community can help our Animal Control Officers:
- Don’t be a part of the problem. Obey our city ordinances.
- ID your animals. Microchips and ID tags are important and make our job easier.
- Love, train, and care for all your animals.
- Report any animal abuse or neglect to our Officers ASAP.
- Be active with a feral TNR (Trap/Neuter/Return) program.
- Report any strays; please DON’T feed them.
- Do not feed or disturb wildlife.