Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

  1. How do I file a restraining order?

The Texas City Police Department does not issue restraining orders. To file a restraining order, you must go to the Galveston County Justice Center located at 600 59th St. Suite 1001, Galveston, TX 77551 and confer with an Assistant District Attorney.  

  1. How do I follow up on MY case?
  1. How do I request a keep check?
  1. How do I go to file a formal eviction?
  1. How do I request a police report?
  1. What if I have a problem with loud noise?
  1. How do I file a complaint on an Officer?
  1. Can I use fireworks in the city limits?
  1. How can I file a criminal trespass warning?
  1. What is the city curfew for children under the age of 17?
  1. How do I file for child custody?
  1. How do I request a civil stand by?
  1. Where do I send donations for community events?
  1. Is someone I know in jail?
  1. Where can I find the sex offender registry?
  1. How can I adopt an animal?
  1. Where do I find city ordinances?
  1. How do I register for a training class?