The Texas City Municipal Court is a Court of Record. All defendants have the right to appeal their convictions. Requirements include:
- You must to go trial and a record of the trial must be made.
- Judgment must be entered against you.
- You must make a motion for a new trial no later than the 10th day after judgment.
- If the motion for a new trial is overruled, you must give notice of appeal and post an appeal bond no later than the 10th day after the motion for new trial was overruled.
- The appeal bond must be at least double the amount of the fine and costs.
- You must pay a $25 fee for the clerk's record.
- You must pay for the actual transcription of trial proceedings, approximately $3,000 to $5,000.
- You must pay for the reporter's record.
- You may file a bill of exception with the transcript.