- Human Resources
- Summary of Benefits
Summary of Benefits
- Benefits Summary (PDF)
- Effective January 1, 2023, to December 31, 2023
- Individuals may obtain a form 1095-C upon request or by logging into their Employee Self Service site. Please contact Ms. Price firstname.lastname@example.org or 409-643-5930 with any questions or requests.
- Employee Self Service online
Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS)
This program begins upon employment. The employee contributes 7% of salary, tax-deferred and the City matches with a 2 to 1 ratio. Provides retirement benefits after 20 years regardless of age or age 60 with five-year vesting.
- Phone: 800-924-8677
- TMRS website
- TMRS forms online
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
Begins after three months' probation.
- Cigna - Medical
- Cigna Website
- Phone: 800-244-6224
- This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
- Core Plan Summary (PDF)
- HDHP Summary (PDF)
- Metlife - Dental (PDF)
- Phone: 800-438-6388
- Dental Plan (PDF)
- Metlife - Vision (PDF)
- Phone: 1-855-METEYE1 (638-3931)
- Vision Plan (PDF)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Pamphlet (PDF)
- Phone: 800-930-2441
- Urgent care clinics
- These clinics accept City of Texas City insurance; they charge $35 per visit in lieu of ER charges. The locations are:
- Allstate - Supplemental Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Information online
- Phone: 800-521-3535
- Fax: 866-781-1871
Life / AD&D
- AD&D Benefit of $250,000
- Line of Duty Benefit (police only) Maximum $50,000
- Begins after six months (excludes firefighters)
- Group Life
- 3 times salary up to a $150,000 maximum
Voya (ReliaStar Life Insurance Company)
- Phone: 800-955-7736
Employee Assistance Program
Long-term Disability Insurance
- 60% of Salary - maximum benefit $6,000
- Begins after six months of probation
- The city is not in Social Security. The employee pays the 1.45% Medicare portion only.
Deferred Compensation Plan
Employees may make voluntary tax-deferred contributions to either a fixed annuity or variable annuity (no City match).
- First Financial, AUL, and Lincoln
- Heather Pugh
- 11811 N Freeway
Houston, Texas 77060
- Phone: 281-272-7455
- Nationwide Retirement Solutions Website
- Phone: 888-401-5272
- Brian White Phone: 713-898-0249
- Roth 457 Account
Eleven paid holidays per year:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
Hired Prior to January 1, 2016:
- 5 days after 1 year
- 10 days - 2 through 7 years
- 20 days - 8 through 17 years
- 24 days - 18 + years
Hired on or after January 1, 2016:
- 10 days - Up to completion of 1 year
- 10 days - 1 through 7 years
- 15 days - 8 through 17 years
- 20 days - 18 through 24 years
- 25 days - 25+ years
Full-time employees will earn and are eligible to begin using 5 days of vacation after successfully completing their six-month probationary period. On the employee's one-year anniversary date an additional 5 days will be granted and must be used before the end of the calendar year.
Vacation differs for firefighters and police.
Accrue 1 day per month (12 days per year). Starting January 1, 2016, sick leave can be used for an illness or injury of a member of an employee's immediate family as well as the employee. Immediate family is defined as a current spouse, child, or parent that depends on you for care.
Differs for firefighters and police.
- $150 per month for a Master's Degree
- $100 per month for a Bachelor's Degree
- $50 per month for an Associate's Degree
Applies to full-time employees only.
After six months' probation and City of Texas City Tester certification - $75 per month