This convention facility opened to the public on Jan. 1, 2000. This full-service center is 14,000 square feet and can accommodate up to 800 people for virtually any type of function. Concerts, receptions, weddings, trade shows, exhibits, catered events, and teleconferencing are just a few of the activities possible in this first-class convention center.
The Texas Heroes room can be divided into four equal quarters. Rentals can be made for a quarter room (capacity of 125), half of the room (capacity 250) or the entire room (capacity 800). Annual events that the City hosts in the Convention Center are the week long Art Festival in April and the Juneteenth events, which include the Gospel Fest and Poetry Slam. As well, every February this is the site for the Recreation and Tourism Department Father/Daughter Dance and for the Mother/Son Dance in May.
Monday-Saturday: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday: noon to 6 p.m.
Reservations can be made for the following rooms:
• Sam Houston Room (accommodates 125 people)
• Stephen F. Austin Room (accommodates 125 people)
• Lorenzo de Zavala Room (accommodates 125 people)
• William Goyens Room (accommodates 125 people)
• All four rooms combined: Texas Heroes Room (accommodates 800 people)
Convention center room packages include:
• Room set-up
• Caterer's kitchen
• Dance floor
• Lobby snack bar
• Event listed on digital marquee