The Nessler Civic Center was built in 1955 and has been a center point of activity for this community for generations. The Recreation, Tourism and Parks Department Reservations office and Senior Center programs are located in the Nessler Center. During the summer months youth camps are held here. The Nessler Center comprises of many multiuse rooms available to rent for events ranging from smaller baby showers to large banquets that can host up to 500 people. This center can accommodate a wide range of event needs and with the inclusion of the Charles T. Doyle Convention Center, which adjoins the building, the capacity for users exceeds 1,500 people.
Monday-Saturday: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday: noon to 6 p.m.
Reservations can be made for the following rooms:
• Wings of Heritage (accommodates 500 people)
• Captains Room (accommodates 125 people)
• Alamo Room (accommodates 50 people)
• Surf Room (accommodates 50 people)
• Crockett Room (accommodates 20 people)