How do I file a Complaint?

1.    A Complaint may be filed by going to the City’s Website . Select the “How do I…” tab and then select Submit: Report a Code Violation. You will be taken directly to the electronic form.

2.    Next choose a Category: “Buildings Complaints – “Working without permits” or “Code Enforcement”. This selection will route the complaint to the proper department.

3.    Next choose a Subcategory:

    Working without a Permit 

    Junk & Debris

    Non-Complaint Junk & Debris

    High Grass & Weeds

    Junk/Abandoned Vehicle(s)

    Substandard Structure(s) 

    Miscellaneous Complaint(s)

    This selection will route the complaint to an assigned investigator.

4.    Next enter the location of complaint using the “Add a location to your request” mapping. It is easier if you use the “Locate by Map” feature and Toggle to full screen and enlarge the map to locate the exact location of the complaint. 

    Please note that without an address, we cannot perform a site visit and may Decline the complaint. 

    The “Locate by Address” will only work if the location has previously been entered into the system, such as by requesting a permit or recently constructed. Older homes may not be in the system.

5.    Next enter a Description of the complaint. This assists the investigator in ensuring your complaint is located and properly evaluated. Attaching an image is great if you can do that!

6.    Next enter your Contact Information.

    If you choose to Remain Anonymous you will not receive any notifications of progress or resolution. 

    If you enter your Name, Email and Phone number you will receive email notifications of progress or resolution in real-time as the complaint progresses. 

7.    Next answer the Security Code question and Submit the Request. 

Show All Answers

1. How do I file a Complaint?
2. What’s the easiest way to contact Neighborhood Improvement Services?
3. I have entered my name, email and phone number. How will I receive notification on progress?
4. How long may it take to resolve my complaint?
5. What is a junk vehicle?
6. What is considered a high grass violation?
7. What happens if I don’t enter the correct address?
8. I want to file a complaint, but I don’t want to identify myself. Is that permissible?
9. I want to file a complaint but am not very good with computers, How can I file a complaint?
10. Does if help to submit photos with my complaint?
11. What are the pool regulations in Texas City?
12. Every time the complaint gets corrected the occupant does the same thing all over again. The City corrected a junk and debris case on private property and the owner started collecting junk again. How